There’s something about the first of a month landing on a Monday that makes you want to be really focused and goal oriented.
For the past few months my former PR classmate, Claire, has been doing ‘Monthly Goals’ on her blog and I think it’s a great idea! You’re always more accountable when you write something down and put it out there for the public to see. While some goals are bigger than others, you should always be proud of accomplishing your goals big or small.
- Going vegetarian. I am using May as a trial but I am attempting to become a vegetarian. I haven’t yet decided if this will be a permanent thing or just a trial.
- Less technology and more reading. Too often when I am bored I turn to technology and I aimlessly scroll through Instagram and Facebook. Instead of turning to my phone to fill my boredness I will turn to a book.
- Spend more time outside. As the weather is getting nicer, and it’s getting warmer outside this is an easy task. I love outdoors.
- Run in the Bluenose. While I only plan on doing the 5k I have never actually done any type of organized run so this will be a huge accomplishment for me.
- Eat breakfast every day. Okay, I already eat breakfast every day, but if I wake up late I don’t eat at home and I end up buying breakfast. Bought breakfast is not good for you and it is a waste of money.
- Make my monthly spending money last the entire month. Ever since I started my strict budget back in January, I have had to dip into my extra money every month. Not this month!
- Workout for myself. I want to workout to enjoy it and to better myself for myself. Too many times I follow workout plans and then when I fail I am so hard on myself and I give up.
- Understand that life is about balance. If I eat healthy 80% of the time then I deserve to treat myself the other 20%. Whether that be on a meal out with friends, or having a few adult beverages or just having a chocolate chip cookie! Life is about balance. Don’t stress the small stuff.
- Make my bed every morning. I never make my bed. I am the worst at doing anything in the morning because I sleep in as late as possible before I have to actually get out of bed.
- Appreciate the small things. Self-explanatory.
What are your goals for the month?